Contractor: Campaigns Coordination – France
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Foundation seeks an experienced contractor based in France to carry out campaign work, translate documents, update PETA France's web content, respond to general enquiries and process bank donations.
- Advocate PETA France's philosophy to members of the public so that they will understand the animal rights perspective
- In consultation with and with verified approval from PETA France, coordinate and manage a campaign plan, timeline and agenda for specific PETA France campaigns
- Translate texts for use by PETA France
- Track media coverage and maintain a log
- Research campaign-related information for PETA France's correspondence, publications, action alerts, web features and media materials
- Act as spokesperson on behalf of PETA France at public-speaking engagements, in debates and to the media and the general public
- Respond to e-mail enquiries sent to the PETA France Info account
- Organise and guide activists in demonstrations
- Collect resources, props and materials, as needed
- Travel, when necessary, to carry out demonstrations
The ideal candidate must be fluent in French and English. He or she will have proven campaigning experience, be confident speaking in public and have an understanding of a variety of issues affecting animals in France and the rest of the world. He or she must also be flexible and able to work under tight deadlines.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to Elisa Allen at ElisaA@peta.org.uk.