11 Vegan Christmas Treats You Can Buy on the High Street
Sweet tooth? Never fear! This Christmas season, vegans can overindulge to their heart’s content, thanks to the wide variety of cruelty-free mince pies, puddings, chocolates and other delights available in supermarkets and high-street stores all over the UK! The following are some of our top picks.
- Caffè Nero Luxury Mince Pies: Good news for the festive season – you can now walk into a coffee shop and grab a tasty mince pie to go with your soy latte, thanks to Caffè Nero’s animal-friendly offering this year.
- Lidl Snowy Lodge Mince Pies: Lidl’s pies were deemed some of the most delicious on offer in a recent blind taste test by Which? – beating the much pricier and decidedly less ethical pies from foie gras villains Fortnum & Mason!
- Iceland Mince Pies: In addition to being free from milk and eggs, at £1.50 for 12, Iceland’s pies are some of the best value around, so you can tuck in without worrying about the impact on your wallet.
Puddings and Cakes
- Co-Op Richly Fruited Christmas Pudding: This luxurious, rich-tasting Christmas pud proves that traditional treats and vegan living can go hand in hand.
- Duchy Originals Organic Christmas Pudding: This is definitely one of the poshest puddings around – and it’s animal-friendly, too!
- Waitrose Christmas Cake Kit: All the ingredients you need to assemble a luxurious and ethical cake this Christmas.
- Thornton’s Dark Chocolate Gingers: Filled with Chinese stem ginger, these chocolates will bring a touch of sophistication to the Christmas table and also make a great gift.
- ASDA Dark Chocolate Mint Thins: In their familiar dark green box, these little peppermint-filled squares are kind of a classic. They’re also one of our favourite “accidentally vegan” products.
- Divine Dark Chocolate Coins: These coins make ideal stocking fillers for the compassionate chocoholics in your life! As an added bonus, they’re fair trade as well. Divine products are available in Oxfam shops, many supermarkets and independent retailers.
- Moo-Free Merry Moos Selection Box: This makes a jolly chocolatey gift for kids and adults alike!
- Hazicade Turkish Delight: If chocolate isn’t your thing, this is a great, and equally Christmassy, sweet treat.