11 Ways to Help Animals This Holiday Season
Keep animals close to your heart this Christmas with these straightforward tips:
- Be a compassionate shopper.Spread Christmas cheer with ethical gifts that haven’t caused animals to suffer.
- Dedicate some time to helping homeless animals.Your local shelter may need help taking dogs for walks or caring for animals throughout the busy holiday season.
- Sparkle in animal-free fashion.Christmas parties are perfect for showing off just how fabulous you can look in clothes that don’t contain wool, fur or leather.
- Eat vegan and be merry.meat-free food so good that everyone will want a taste.
- Stay away from live-animal Christmas displays.Christmas decorations is a definite no-no.
- Start a conversation about animal rights.When your Great-Aunt Gertrude asks why you’re not eating turkey, seize the opportunity to share your beliefs and explain why animals aren’t ours to eat, wear or exploit in other ways.
- Be careful what you feed your dog.Not everyone realises that some Christmas foods can make animals really sick.
- Catch up on essential viewing.Use some of your time off work to have a Netflix moment with these eye-opening animal-related documentaries.
- Make a donation to help animals.Whatever amount you can afford, your gift will strengthen PETA’s work to end cruelty.
- Speak out if you see fur, foie gras or other cruelly produced items for sale anywhere.Sometimes a polite message to the manager can be all it takes to persuade shops to stop selling fur or restaurants to remove unethical foods from the menu.
- Shower your animal best friends with love.Christmas is all about spending time with those you care about, after all.
Merry Christmas, everyone!