12 Delicious Vegan Sandwiches Available in the UK
To celebrate British Sandwich Week, we’ve searched the shelves of popular lunch spots on high streets around the UK for vegan-friendly sandwiches and wraps. These are our top picks:
- Subway’s Veggie DeliteThe veggie option at Subway is perfect for a quick toasted sandwich on the go. Make sure you skip the cheese and choose from the three vegan bread options (9-Grain Wheat, Hearty Italian and Italian).
- Pret a Manger’s Super Greens & Reds Sandwich This vegan favourite is packed with avocado, peppers and colourful salad. With Pret stores on almost every high street, this is a great go-to option.
- URBANeat’s Falafel, Lemon & Coriander Houmous Sandwich Available at WHSmith, this vegan falafel sandwich, with refreshing lemon and coriander, won Best Vegan Sandwich in our 2015 food awards!
- The Co-operative’s Falafel Wrap Co-Op’s vegan version of a classic falafel wrap is easy to spot on the shelf, thanks to the store’s vegan labels.
- Pret a Manger’s Chana Chaat Flat Bread This tasty Indian-inspired flatbread is filled with spicy chickpeas, mango compote, coconut yoghurt and salad.
- Tesco’s Falafel and Houmous Wrap Tesco’s falafel wrap contains carrot and coriander falafel, mango chutney, houmous, carrot and spinach. Be sure to choose the option without mayo!
- Boots’ Houmous, Carrot & Coriander Sandwich This sandwich is part of Boots’ nutritional lunch range, offering healthy falafel and salad on tomato bread.
- URBANeat’s Bombay Spiced Veggie Wrap Available at WHSmith, this wrap will spice up your lunchtime with richly flavoured veggies and salad.
- Fresh Bite Houmous & Mix Pepper Sandwich Available at Budgens, this vegan sandwich contains crisp mixed peppers surrounded by a generous helping of houmous.
- Laura’s Idea’s Falafel & Humous Pita Laura’s Idea offers a range of dairy-free sandwiches for hungry vegans on the move.
- URBANeat’s Chargrilled Vegetable and Houmous Gluten Free Wrap Available at Sainsbury’s, this chargrilled pepper wrap with fresh salad and houmous comes in a gluten-free wrap.
- Caffè Nero’s Houmous & Falafel Wrap Grab this sweet-potato falafel wrap with your lunchtime soya latte.
With the demand for vegan food at an all-time high, more and more high-street chains are offering exciting vegan options. You might even be faced with too many choices when it comes to your on-the-go lunch!
If you want to sit down and enjoy some delicious vegan fare instead, try these delectable cruelty-free meals at UK restaurants: