Kirsty Henderson was detained by the Russian police for protesting against the fur industry at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, wore nothing but lettuce leaves while shouting about the benefits of a vegan diet, and represented the interests of animals at the appeal of the EU ban on seal products at the World Trade Organisation. No day is ever the same for a campaign coordinator with PETA UK. Kirsty organises protests and demonstrations, leads bigger campaigns (such as ensuring that facilities that breed beagles for experimentation do not receive permits) and puts together hard-hitting videos that expose the cruelty on fur farms.
Originally from Manchester, Kirsty has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in history, which gives her great experience in debating important issues – a skill she now uses every day to advocate for animals. Upon watching a PETA video on factory farming, she decided to go vegan, which – along with moving to London – has been the best decision of her life. Despite having never been to France, in her spare time she is trying to learn French.
- PHOTOS: Don’t Pull the Wool Over Your Eyes, Say Blindfolded Protesters
- Institut Français Says ‘Joyeux Noël’ to Ducks and Geese
- Recognising the Volunteers Who Help Us Save Animals
- Why I Took the Stage During an Animal Experimenter’s Speech
- SUCCESS! Wychavon District Council Rejects Cruel ‘Chicken City’
- This Season’s Hottest New Look?
- PETA Founder Rings the Bell for Wild Boar
- PHOTOS: ‘Monkey’ Prisoners Call Out Air France Cruelty in London
- Flesh Is Flesh – All Animals Have the Same Parts: Try Vegan
- Why Are These Activists Pelting Air France HQ With Vegan Pâté?
- We Are Thousands Strong Against Cruel Chicken Farm Proposal
- STA Travel Stops Promoting SeaWorld and Other Cruel Attractions
- Bullfighting: A Global Update
- Apple Says NO to Bludgeoning Seals to Death, Launches Activist App Instead
- Get Fit and Help Animals at the Same Time
- UPDATE: Fortnum’s Dubai Will Be Foie Gras-Free!
- Caged ‘Monkeys’ Protest Against Primate Trafficking
- Vegan Message Comes to Dublin and Belfast!
- Relate to Who’s on Your Plate
- Siouxsie Sioux Slams Fortnum & Mason’s Vile Foie Gras
- #LoveSpainHateBullfighting – The Hand-In
- Just Another Day in the Office
- PHOTOS: Force-Feeding Outside Fortnum & Mason
- Putting the ‘Brakes’ on UK Foie Gras Sales
- 48 Coffins for 48 Bulls
- Destination: Pamplona
- Tamara Ecclestone’s Wedding Gift: A Rescued Goose Freed From French Foie Gras Farm
- England’s Badgers Need You!
- Morrissey: Be a Thorn in the Side of Fortnum & Mason
- Foie Gras: Where Do You Stand?
- And the Award for Cruellest Retailer Goes to …
- Word on the Street: Foie Gras Has Got to Go!
- Brigitte Bardot to Fortnum & Mason: Keep Your Hands Off our Geese!
- ‘If You ♥ England, Don’t Shop at F&M’, Say PETA Protesters on St George’s Day