Compassion Is Always Sexy
Yes, they have smoking bodies, flawless skin, and a perfect smile, but many of the women on FHM’s Sexiest Women in the World 2012 list have something else in common – they show compassion towards animals. From rescuing a shelter dog to speaking out against fur and exotic animal skins to adopting a meat-free diet, these gorgeous ladies use their voice to help animals. And what could be sexier than that?
Proving that it’s beautiful to be kind, below are just a few examples of how the world’s hottest ladies have shown respect and compassion to animals:
- Sexy glamour model Keely Hazell says, “I believe that killing animals for vanity is wrong”. She teamed up with PETA and starred in a racy anti-fur advert to spread her message far and wide!
- Iron Man 2 star Olivia Munn has a soft spot for animals. She’s spoken out against horse-drawn carriages and has twice bared all for PETA to highlight the cruelty of the fur and circus industries.
- Selena Gomez rescued a mixed-breed puppy from an animal shelter just last year. Of course, since her boyfriend, Justin Bieber, has worked with PETA to advocate adoption and Selena has five other rescue dogs at home, it’s no surprise that the couple chose their four-legged friend from a shelter instead of a pet shop.
- “Part of my reason for being vegetarian was because it practices respect and love for life all through the day, so three times a day, you make a decision to eat things that have not been killed”, says Natalie Portman, who now appears on a new series of postage stamps, released in the US, commemorating famous vegetarians.
- English vixen Kelly Brook launched her sizzling PETA ad during London Fashion Week to call attention to the suffering of reptiles when they’re turned into shoes, handbags, belts and other accessories.
- Speaking of her vegetarian diet, actor Olivia Wilde says, “Beyond my desire to boycott the torture factories, I am also way happier when I eat a plant based diet, and I feel about a thousand times more energetic”. With inspirational words like these, it’s not surprising that she was named PETA US’ Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity of 2010.
Are we missing any other compassionate hotties? Who would you like to see in the male list? Leave a comment and let us know!