The Top 13 Places to Find an Extravagant Vegan High Tea
Afternoon tea is a traditional British treat. After all, who doesn’t love a luxurious spread of mini sandwiches, delectable sweet treats and loose leaf teas – or even a decadent glass of champagne? And we have some good news for vegans – it’s easy to find a cruelty-free high-tea spread! Take a look at our top vegan high teas around the country, available at some of the UK’s fanciest establishments.
Please note that for most of these restaurants, it’s advisable to book ahead and let them know that you’d like a vegan menu.
- The Ritz Hotel, London
In the heart of London, high tea is served within the opulent Palm Court of The Ritz Hotel. This is for those who want to dine in one of London’s most glamorous locations and enjoy freshly baked fruitcakes, iced sponges and chocolate delights.
- Bake-a-Boo, LondonThis unique hideaway located in West Hampstead hosts an array of vegan sandwiches, along with hand-baked scones, chocolate cupcakes, muffins and even dark chocolate covered strawberries.
- The Savoy, London
The renowned Savoy high tea includes perhaps one of the most adventurous sandwich selections on our list, including artichoke and beetroot, courgette and hummus and a delightful squash and pepper. Request a sample menu before booking.
- La Suite West, London This West London hotel offers a high tea with a difference. Its menu includes not only freshly made pastries but also raw vegan options such as a beetroot quinoa burger on sweet-potato bread and a unique raw chocolate orange cake.
- The Langham, London The birthplace of afternoon tea some 150 years ago, the Langham offers a truly elegant and timeless experience with a dazzling assortment of dessert options, including chocolate cake, apple pie, coconut rice pudding and a blackcurrant and roseberry jelly. Request the vegan menu when booking.
- The Connaught: Espelette, London This luxurious and traditional high tea spread offers the perfect way to relax after a hectic day in London, with mouth-watering sandwiches and freshly baked scones, cakes and pastries. Request the vegan menu when booking.
- The Royal Opera House, London
This venue offers sophistication at its best. Enjoy your afternoon tea within the magnificent Paul Hamlyn Hall Champagne Bar. Vegan options are available on request.
- Terre à Terre, Brighton
This vegetarian restaurant located in Brighton offers a playful yet gourmet afternoon tea experience for its guests. Scones with oatmeal cream are one of many highlights, along with banana fritters and brandy snaps. And there’s no need to book in advance for the vegan menu.
- Metrodeco, Brighton
Take a trip back to the 1930s and be transported by this vintage-inspired tea room. The handmade vegan cake is a bestseller, and the tea room takes pride in a vegan baking challenge. Request the vegan menu when booking.
- Casa Angelina, Edinburgh This nostalgic afternoon tea experience in Edinburgh is for those who appreciate the art of simple and honest baking.
- Waldorf Astoria: Peacock Alley, Edinburgh One of Edinburgh’s most highly regarded hotels offers a majestic setting for high tea. Its vast spread of sandwiches includes an avocado-and-pepper delight as well as a quirky peanut butter and jelly option. A vegan menu is available on request.
- The Hidden Lane Tea Room, Glasgow
One of the hidden gems in Glasgow, this quaint shabby-chic restaurant can, on request, whip up a delectable vegan spread, filled with mouth-watering sandwiches, cakes and scones.
- Tea Parlour, Liverpool
This vintage-inspired venue in the heart of Liverpool offers a regal vegan high-tea feast, including coronation chickpea salad sandwiches, scones with coconut “clotted” cream and a classic lemon drizzle cake.
- The Comfy Duck, Lincolnshire This luxurious vegan afternoon tea experience begins with savoury treats which include, miniature vegan fish fingers and chips, vegan sausage hot dog served with crispy fried onions, a summer vegetable broth, that’s packed full of local, Lincolnshire summer vegetables, and a homemade vegan quiche. And is followed by a carousel full of sweet treats including almond milk strawberry milkshake, vegan snickers cheesecake. Yum!
- rootcandi, Brighton
This fully vegan restaurant in the heart of Brighton is now offering a delicious cream tea set, with a blend of sweet and savoury nibbles served with lashings and lashings of tea.
Let us know if we’ve missed any great vegan high-tea spots by leaving a comment below. And if you’re a whizz in the kitchen, you could even create your own vegan high tea at home! Check out our vegan baking guide for some tips to get started: