Keep Christmas Jumper Day Cruelty-Free With These 6 Festive Jumpers
Christmas Jumper Day is a great holiday event, when you can have fun dressing up in festive gear while supporting important charities at the same time. However, you could be unknowingly causing harm to sheep if your jumper is made from wool.
Sheep shorn for wool are often severely mistreated and violently handled and can be injured in the process. The cruel procedure known as “mulesing” is frequently carried out, during which a slice of flesh is cut off without painkillers, which is both painful and terrifying for the animal. So why choose cruel wool when you can have one of these great alternative Christmas jumpers instead?
- Asda Santa Jumper: Ho, ho, ho! You will be the centre of attention this Christmas Jumper Day when everyone thinks you’re the real Saint Nick. Hopefully, you will have some gifts ready to leave under the tree.
- Star Wars AT-AT Fair Isle Jumper: Show the world your inner geek with this Star Wars–themed festive jumper. An icy scene is knitted into this totally wool-free jumper.
- ASOS Christmas Jumper With Polar Bear Body: Always wanted to be polar bear but never knew how? Now you can fulfil your dream with this novelty jumper.
- BooHoo Fair Isle Alpine Scene Christmas Jumper: This girly jumper will have you looking cute and Christmassy. The Fair Isle–knit style shows a charming alpine scene to get you in the mood for the festivities.
- F&F Holly Pom Pom Long Line Christmas Jumper: Have a holly-jolly Christmas Jumper Day in this subtle but stylish number from F&F. The pattern features sparkly holly bunches and striped candy canes.
- Topshop Angel Jumper: This cosy jumper is adorned with cute gold sequined angels. Plus, you can be an angel for animals by avoiding a jumper made of wool!
Now you can support Christmas Jumper Day and the work of fantastic charities without supporting the cruel wool industry. Find out why you should keep wool out of your wardrobe altogether with these 11 reasons you should have a wool-free winter.