Prospect Researcher, International Fundraising
Position Objective: To provide insight and high quality research informing PETA’s supporter cultivation and stewardship strategies across multiple PETA entities (Europe, India, Asia and Australia). You will identify new income generation prospects including; high net worth individuals, trusts and charitable foundations, companies and potential influencers.
Term of Employment:
£32,000 – £36,000
Assistant Director, International Fundraising
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
You will provide insights into new areas of prospecting to continually replenish the prospect pipeline with high capacity prospects in order to meet current and future income targets. You will collaborate on the development and implementation of an International Prospect Research Strategy and tailored plans for individual territories, aligned to PETA’s strategic areas. You will also work collaboratively with other team members.
Process and compliance:
- Create an overarching strategy for the prospect research function, in collaboration with senior staff, across multiple PETA entities.
- Embed best practice use of the database within the team, developing tools to analyse and review our prospect pool and how prospects are moved through the pipeline.
- Work closely with senior staff who are involved with PETA’s individual-giving and donor database to develop and implement systems for prospect rating, tracking, reporting, and data mining
- Work closely with the major gifts and legacy gifts teams to provide timely and accurate analytical information, donor profiles, and project summaries
- Provide strategically aligned research to help identify and prioritise donors and prospects who are able to offer significant or increased financial support to PETA, working with Major Gift fundraisers to help shape personal solicitation plans. This includes profiling, network mapping, prospect qualification.
- Identify new prospects from existing donor pool, based upon giving history and external sources
- Conduct prospect research that deepens gift officer’s understanding of the research subject’s background, including interests, affiliations, relationships, affinity, capacity, and propensity to give
- Develop and maintain a prospect pipeline providing Major Giving fundraisers with the required number and level of prospects to meet team’s objectives and financial targets.
- Manage the research pipeline of donors as they enter the Vanguard Society
- Produce insightful, high-quality research on current and prospective donors using financial, biographical, corporate and philanthropic information from a wide variety of trusted sources and in line with GDPR.
- Complete research requests within specified timeframe and tailor findings for variety of purposes
- Undertake regular pipeline review meetings with fundraisers to track prospect solicitation stages, the warmth, size and value of each pipeline.
- Ensure the database up to date with accurate and current information on prospects, contacts and ensure it is stored and archived accurately and in accordance to GDPR and PETA’s policies.
- Undertake any additional duties in accordance with this role, including but not limited to managing research requests, prospect allocation processes, producing prospecting evaluation and monitoring reports.
Reports and briefings
- Monitor trends in giving and philanthropy that might affect income generation and brief colleagues
- Communicate and present prospect research findings in a professional manner to colleagues, senior leadership individual fundraisers
- Stay attuned to best practices and innovations by reviewing software updates, vendors, attending webinars, seminars, and more
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven background in prospect research with strong research and analytical skills, including identifying and prioritising prospects and producing profiles
- Ability to collect and assess information rapidly, identifying key points and drawing conclusions
- A skilled communicator with the ability to turn complex information and processes clearly understood material
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising and GDPR compliance
- Attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of comprehensive prospect-research and tracking programs
- Demonstrated ability to research and compile business, financial, and biographical information
- Proficiency with MS Office programs and database software