Ballet Icon Sylvie Guillem Is Strong, Healthy and Vegan

Posted by 1 year ago | Permalink | Comments (8)

Sylvie Guillem, one of the greatest dancers of our time, is vegan. She recently teamed up with us to show off the “ultimate selfie” and promote vegan eating.

Sylvie Guillem Vegan Ad

The  ballet icon decided to go vegan five years ago and says she’s never felt better.

“I am stronger as a vegan than I ever was with meat and dairy.”

And there’s a reason that Sylvie feels unbelievable. Following a vegan diet reduces the risk of developing heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer and obesity. In addition to personal health benefits, you’ll be sparing many animals every year daily suffering and helping to promote a “greener” future by reducing your individual carbon footprint.

“What I can do I will do. Not one person can change the world, but one, and one and one add up.”

Sylvie joins a growing list of celebrities – including Joanna Lumley, Vivienne Westwood and Stella McCartney, among many others – who have joined us in promoting healthy and humane meat-free meals.

So try it for yourself! PETA’s 30-day vegan pledge will help you every step of the way. Make a resolution that will save lives and leave you feeling better than ever before. We’ll send you helpful resources, recipes and tips every week.

Tags:

Comments

  • Steve commented on September 8, 2015 at 6:46 pm

    Leading by example!

  • Karin Nelson commented on September 10, 2015 at 6:54 am

    Fabulous and looking terrific! Thank you Sylvie!

  • Sooty commented on September 10, 2015 at 8:41 am

    Wow! What a -build-!
    50?… Just gone vegan?
    Hmmm… so a long time -not- vegan… makes me wonder if she’d ever achieved such condition if she’d lived all her life eating nothing but veggies…

    • amanda commented on September 18, 2015 at 4:36 am

      the story says she went vegan 5 years ago, i dont think that’s considered “just” went vegan.

      • Walter Sobchak commented on September 23, 2015 at 3:59 am

        Right, that 10% of her life is clearly more important than the other 90%,

  • ruth knowlton commented on November 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm

    Am 72 years old and been vegetarian for 60 of those years…and still ride a very strong horse four or five times a week over open forest so fast going…. walk my dogs daily and do garden of half an acre by myself…..so there you go doubters !!

  • Lucy commented on November 13, 2015 at 3:39 pm

    “heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer and obesity.”
    I very much doubt this dancer was at high risk of obesity or heart disease or diabetes based on her lifestyle. Stats can be misleading.
    I agree with better standards for animals and vegetarianism but I think promoting veganism to anyone is dangerous especially children, the only study of people who grew up as vegan from the 60s to have long term data shows that these children ended up with osteoporosis and all kinds of problems.
    There are few nourishing traditional diets based solely on plant matter, and if a vegan diet is followed I think it’s important to find out what people Did eat on these diets. Most occasionally supplemented with dairy and even meat.

    • Sven commented on July 11, 2016 at 10:13 am

      Anthropological wise there are many cultures where are people vegan for ages.For example the Jain community in India,black hebrew in ethopia,the rastafarians ital livity,7 days adventists,and so on.There is a logical fallacy in the believe that animal based food is necessary for the good development of children.As there are perfectly healthy vegans from birth in many cultures..there is the controversy of b 12 what is also a issue of over cleanless in modern societies.however,the fact is if people are educated and taking care about nutrition as a Vegan there is no issue even for children.Even the WHO admitted recently that a Vegan diet is the most healthy and environment friendly.this is an undisputed fact.

Post a Comment

 

By submitting this form, you will be indicating your consent to receiving e-mail marketing messages from us unless you have indicated an objection to receiving such messages by unticking the box above. You're also acknowledging that you've read and you agree to our privacy policy.