14 Places That Will Deliver Delicious Vegan Pizza to Your Door
The UK is a nation of pizza lovers. In every corner of the country, down almost every high street (and now accessible even on your smartphone), you will find pizza restaurants, takeaways and home-delivery services. Vegans love their pizza, too, and thanks to the rapidly growing vegan movement, restaurants and takeaways are waking up and realising that offering vegan options creates new opportunities, reduces animal suffering and helps save the planet.
Here’s our list of places where you can get your hands on a delicious eco-friendly (vegan) cheesy pizza feast, delivered right to your door:
Brighton and Hove
- Pizzaface: On Mondays and Tuesdays, Pizzaface offers a quirky vegan menu featuring pizzas named after vegan celebrities. Highlights include The Moby with vegan chorizo and vegan smoked sausage and the Thom Yorke, topped with spinach and smoked tofu. Yum!
- Purezza: Opened in November 2015, this new all-vegan pizza parlour in central Brighton offers authentic Italian stone-baked pizzas topped with vegan cheese as well as tasty butternut squash or houmous bases.
- Morelli Zorelli: This artisan sourdough pizza restaurant has an entire vegan menu, containing every type of mock-meat topping you could ever desire (plus some delicious vegetable offerings).
Bristol and Gloucestershire
- PepeNerorganic: Bristol’s PepeNerorganic uses completely organic ingredients, from its pizza bases to the fresh vegetable toppings. The pizzas in the vegan section of its menu are all finished off with vegan mozzarella and prepared entirely separately from other menu items.
- Fat Toni’s Pizzeria: With delivery available in Cam, Gloucester and Stroud, Fat Toni’s is bringing vegan pizza to the Cotswolds. Its vegan chef is helping the pizza company grow with new vegan options, and all its pizzas can be made with vegan cheese.
Edinburgh and Glasgow
- La Favorita: The restaurant that jumped on the vegan train most recently is Scotland’s La Favorita, which was the first establishment in Edinburgh to offer a vegan cheese pizza. It didn’t take much persuading to convince the restaurant that dairy-free is a great option all round for vegan, lactose-intolerant and health-conscious customers.
- Ecco Pizzeria: Eat in or order takeaway at this well-loved Leeds institution which specialises in authentic wood-fired pizza. And, gloriously, any of its pizzas can be requested with cruelty-free vegan mozzarella.
- Grove Café: This takeaway in Headingley, Leeds, offers an extensive range of vegan cheese pizza, including tempting options such as the Soya Delight topped with roasted tofu, mushrooms and peppers.
- Oranaise Café: Alongside its extensive range of authentic Moroccan food, this eatery has a whole section of the menu dedicated to vegan pizza.
- Village Pizza: The vegan section of the menu at Village Pizza is definitely exciting, and the restaurant won a PAPA Industry Award in 2013 for best delivery store. We love the look of its vegan Hickory Chicken Pizza.
- Basilico: Basilico was the first pizzeria to deliver wood-fired pizza right to your door. Nowadays, it offers both of its vegetarian pizzas with the option of vegan cheese. If you’re looking for something a bit more special than your average margherita, look no further!
- Firezza: This chain has just started to offer dairy-free cheese – just hit ‘Customise’ when you’re choosing your pizza, and select the vegan cheese option. And with 16 branches in London (plus one in Tunbridge Wells), Firezza look set to become a godsend to hungry vegans across the capital!
- Dough Kitchen: This Northern Quarter pizza restaurant has long been a favourite with vegans thanks to its range of cheesy dairy-free toppings. And now it’s teamed up with Deliveroo, meaning you can get your hands on some of its pizza without even leaving the house!
- Mr Singh’s: Mr Singh’s has always had a 100 per cent vegetarian menu, and its extensive offerings include mouth-watering pizzas made with mock meats, fresh veggies and vegan cheddar cheese. Vegan options are clearly marked with a “V” symbol.
We’re really excited that vegan pizza is popping up in more and more towns and cities around the country. Even if you don’t live near one of the restaurants listed here, you can order from some national chains, just check that the crust and sauce are vegan-friendly and ask hold the cheese. You can top it yourself when it arrives with vegan mozzarella, balsamic glaze, pesto or whatever other alternative you desire. Delicious pizza doesn’t have to require the daily suffering of cows and their calves in the dairy industry. You can vote against cruelty every time you order a takeaway!
Do you know of other places that deliver delicious vegan pizzas? If so, let us know in the comments, and we’ll add them to the list!
Top image by Wojtek Gasiorowski.