1. Ask TUI to Stop Supporting Orca Abuse
At SeaWorld, orcas live in cramped concrete tanks and are denied the opportunity to swim long distances with a pod or do anything else that’s natural and important to them. It’s time that TUI followed in the footsteps of STA Travel and Thomas Cook by severing ties with the marine abusement park.
Scroll down to contact TUI now.
2. Urge Forever 21 to Drop Wool
New eyewitness investigations have revealed that in Australia, sheep continue to be mutilated in assembly-line fashion in the wool trade. Forever 21 sells an extensive range of wool products – supporting this cruel industry – and it needs to stop.
Scroll down to send a message to Forever 21.
3. Help Spare Cows in Ireland a Voyage of Despair
Back in 2016, Ireland struck a live-export deal with Turkey – and as a result, over 30,000 cows were forced to make the long, harrowing journey from Ireland to Turkey in 2017, sometimes in temperatures of up to 41.5 degrees. Exhaustion, dehydration, and death are common during these trips. In 2018, almost 13,000 cows made the same voyage, and as EU live exports are expected to stabilise in 2019, this number could increase next year.
Scroll down to send a message to Ireland’s Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
4. Call on the UK Government to Commit to Ending All Experiments on Animals
To ensure that the UK is not left behind after Brexit – in either animal-welfare standards or scientific innovation – the government must commit to the EU’s final goal of fully replacing the use of animals in scientific procedures. To do so, it must redirect funding away from unreliable and unethical tests on animals and instead invest in superior, non-animal methods.
Scroll down to sign the petition.
5. Urge Farfetch to Stop Selling Angora Wool From Tortured Rabbits
Farfetch has announced that its global online luxury platform will be fur-free by 2020, but the website still lists hundreds of items made with the fur of tormented angora rabbits, who are immobilised and “live-plucked” or shorn up to four times a year.
Scroll down to send a message to the company’s CEO.
6. Help the Donkeys of Santorini
On the Greek island of Santorini, approximately 100 donkeys and mules used for tourist rides are forced to endure horrific conditions every day. They carry heavy loads, are given practically no respite from the hot Mediterranean sun, and are even denied access to water. They also incur wounds and abrasions from ill-fitting and worn-out saddles.
Scroll down to call on the Mayor of Santorini and the Greek Minister of Tourism to end these cruel rides.
7. Support an EU Moratorium on Animal Experimentation
As studies on animals continue to be discredited, decades of research is undermined. Yet, despite these documented failures, approximately 11.5 million animals continue to be abused in experiments in Europe every year. As legislators review the law designed to protect animals used in experiments, they must reconsider our reliance on these archaic procedures and champion the funding and development of humane and human-relevant technology.
Scroll down to sign our urgent letter to the European Commission and the European Parliament now.
More Ways to Help
- There are so many ways to support animal rights – whether you join a protest, sign a petition, or use cruelty-free cosmetics, every action makes a difference.
- Stay up to date with all our urgent petitions and help us secure some great victories for animals by signing up to our newsletter today.
- The single best thing you can do to help animals is not to eat them – order your free vegan starter kit now!