1. Baby Seals Are Being Clubbed to Death in Namibia
Sealers in Namibia use clubs and “hakapiks” to bludgeon seals before stabbing them or cutting them open to drain their blood. The majority of the victims are just babies – still nursing and helpless to defend themselves or escape the barbaric slaughter.
Message the Namibian High Commissioner immediately.Take Action
2. Help Save Dolphins From the Japanese Killing Cove
In Japan, 23,000 whales, dolphins, and porpoises are killed each year. In Taiji, pods of dolphins are driven into a hidden cove after a prolonged chase. Once trapped, the fishers cut the dolphins’ throats or stab them with spears. This horrific massacre lasts for six months each year.
Send a message to the Japanese Ambassador to the UK now.Take Action
3. Stop the Bloody Whale Slaughter off the Faroe Islands
Off the Faroe Islands, metal hooks are driven into the blowholes of thousands of whales and dolphins each year, and then their spines are cut. The animals slowly bleed to death. Whole families are slaughtered, and some whales swim around in their family members’ blood for hours.
Contact the Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands, the Faroe Islands Tourist Board, and the Danish Minister of Foreign Affairs now.Take Action
4. Ask Justin Trudeau to End Canada's Commercial Seal Slaughter
Every year, the Canadian government allows sealers to shoot and bludgeon tens of thousands of seals to death. Sometimes, it takes more than one blow to the head for a seal to die. And often, they’re left to die slowly and painfully on the ice.
Urge the Canadian Prime Minister to help these animals by ending federal government subsidies of the commercial seal slaughter.Take Action
5. Tell Amazon.co.uk to Stop Selling Lobsters and Other Live Animals
Amazon.co.uk is allowing live lobsters to be sold through its online Marketplace. These helpless animals are cruelly packaged and delivered by post as if they were nothing more than a parcel of socks. Once they reach their destination, they are killed and can feel every agonising moment of it.
Send a message now to Amazon UK Country Manager Douglas Gurr.Take Action
Take Action for Animals
Please also share this page with your friends, family, and social media followers. Encourage them to join you in helping marine animals.
More Ways to Help
- If you see a travel company advertising trips to SeaWorld or other marine parks, please send a letter asking that it follow in the footsteps of Thomas Cook, STA Travel, and many others by ending all promotions of these cruel parks.
- Please, never visit a marine park, an aquarium, or any other tourist attraction which exploits animals to make money. Instead, learn about majestic and fascinating marine mammals by watching documentaries about their lives spent in their native habitat.
- If you haven’t already done so, watch Blackfish and encourage your friends to do the same.
- Help keep fish in the oceans, where they belong, by refusing to eat them or to purchase them from pet shops.