Texting Terms and Conditions
Your use of the PETA text message service (“the Service”) is governed by the terms and conditions below. Use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of these terms, which take effect when you sign up for the Service. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not sign up for the Service.
1. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service, and if you are under 18, your parent or guardian must read and agree to these terms before you subscribe.
2. PETA does not charge for the Service, but your network’s standard messaging and data charges apply. You agree that you are responsible for paying your network’s charges to use the Service or, if you are under 18 or under the age of majority in your province/territory of residence, that you have permission to use the Service from the adult responsible for paying the network’s charges.
3. PETA reserves the right to change these terms or cancel the Service at any time. Please check these terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the Service after changes are posted will mean that you accept the terms as modified by the posted changes.
4. Periodic Messaging. The campaign/Service is compatible with most handsets.
5. Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) alerts: From time to time, PETA may send messages with multimedia content (pictures, videos, GIFs, etc.). MMS alerts may not be available through all networks. If your device does not support MMS alerts, then you will receive an SMS alert. Prepaid users may not be able to participate. Check with your mobile operator.
6. To unsubscribe at any time, simply text or reply the word “STOP” to the short code from which you wish to stop receiving messages. You can also unsubscribe by calling PETA at 020 7837 6327 or e-mailing [email protected]. If you require assistance, want additional information, or have questions about this Service, call 020 7837 6327 or e-mail email [email protected]
8. PETA makes no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding the Service. PETA hereby disclaims all warranties, including any implied representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. PETA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or any other damages, even if PETA has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, arising or resulting from or in any way relating to your use of the Service.
10. You expressly agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PETA, its directors, officers, employees, servants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, or penalties of any kind or nature whatsoever arising from your use of the Service.
11. These terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and any arbitration or judicial proceedings to enforce or interpret the terms hereof may be brought only in London, England.
1. Are you going to charge me for this service?
Text donations to PETA short codes will be charged at the advertised rates. PETA does not charge for the Service, but your network’s standard messaging and data charges may apply.
2. How do I unsubscribe from receiving text messages?
To unsubscribe at any time, simply text or reply with the word “STOP” to the short code from which you wish to unsubscribe You can also call 020 7837 6327 or e-mail [email protected]
3. How do I unsubscribe from all communications from PETA?
To unsubscribe or change your communication preferences with PETA you can call 020 7837 6327 or email [email protected]