All About Animals: Secondary Teachers: Lesson Plan 2: A Healthy Planet
Teachers’ Note: This lesson plan requires your pupils to practise their research skills and to summarise their findings into a formal report. The report should detail how a religion of their choice would view a particular environmental or animal-related issue and how that religion would encourage their followers to act in regard to this subject.
This gives a wide scope for their research and will, hopefully, lead to insightful and interesting work. Photocopy this sheet and distribute it to the class or simply read out the information and ask them to take notes.
You can choose any one of the subjects below.
- Laboratory experiments on animals
- Factory farming
- Genetic modification of animals, plants and crops
- Consumption of natural resources
- Global warming
- Destruction of natural habitat and animal and plant extinction.
- Vegetarian and vegan diets