6 Delicious Turkey-Free Vegan Christmas Roasts
The centrepiece of most Christmas dinners is a hearty roast, and by choosing a vegan option, you’ll be ensuring that everyone can celebrate the holidays. There’s no need for a turkey to suffer when these great alternatives are readily available.
- VBites Meat-Free Turkey Roast: If you’re looking for a traditional Christmas lunch, this offering from VBites is a fantastic option. This meat-free roast is formulated so it will cook and slice just like actual turkey, and it’s sure to be popular with the whole family, especially when served with cranberry sauce and roast potatoes.
- Tofurky Vegetarian Feast: Want to go all out for Christmas dinner? This vegan roast from Tofurky features a faux-turkey roast with a stuffing centre, and includes herb gravy for a tasty topping. If you’ve got friends and family to impress, then this is the roast for you.
- Fry’s Soy & Quinoa Country Roast: This new product from Fry’s Family Foods is both delicious and nutritious. High in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, it’s great for carving and serving with gravy and veggies.
- Tesco Meat Free Festive Nut Roast: Rolling out in Tesco stores around the UK, this nut roast is packed full of the festive flavours we all love. It’s made with pecans, peanuts and maple syrup–glazed roasted carrots and comes with a cranberry and port sauce to top it all off. It’s sure to get you in the Christmas spirit.
- Vegusto Rustic Roast: This vegan roast is full of traditional spices and would be delicious sliced and served alongside potatoes and veggies. The mild flavour makes it perfect for kids and adults alike.
- Chestnut, Orange and Sage Wellington: Fancy cooking your own roast instead? Try this chestnut and mushroom Wellington from talented blogger Little Miss Meat-Free. By using olive oil instead of butter, you can make a crisp shortcrust pastry to wrap up your roast. Full of seasonal fruity ingredients and red wine, it’s a winner this festive season.
With all these fantastic options, you can enjoy a cruelty-free Christmas without compromising on flavour. If you’re in need of some cool Christmas gifts to put under the tree, check our guide to the best vegan gifts for the holiday season.