Pancake Day: Here’s How to Make Delicious Vegan Pancakes With Only Three Ingredients
Pancakes are easy to make vegan – and Shrove Tuesday is a good time for feasting on pancakes to your heart’s content!
This pancake recipe, adapted from The Everyday Veggie, has just three ingredients: flour, almond milk and coconut oil.
Sound too simple to be true? Try it for yourself – it really is that easy to produce delicious pancakes.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup + 1 Tbsp almond milk or soy milk
3 Tbsp coconut oil + more for frying
- Stir together the flour and almond milk until smooth, with no lumps.
- Stir in the coconut oil and place the batter in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Put your frying pan on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Pour a little oil in the pan, and using a piece of kitchen roll, make sure the whole pan is coated in the coconut oil.
- Take the pan off the heat and pour about 1/2 cup of batter into it.
- Swirl it around the pan so the batter coats the bottom.
- Put the pan back on the heat, gently shake it back and forth, and flip the pancake once it slides around freely and bubbles begin forming.
- Cook for about the same amount of time on the other side.
- Slide the pancake onto a plate and start again with the next pancake.
- Top with sugar and lemon juice.
- Keep the pancakes going in the hot pan until all the batter is gone – or you’re full!
Makes 5 to 6 pancakes
Take Our 30-day Vegan Pledge
This Pancake Day, take our 30-day vegan pledge. Every week, we’ll send you meal plans, recipes, and tips on having a balanced diet, choosing vegan clothes and cruelty-free cosmetics, and showing compassion for animals in other areas of your life.
After Shrove Tuesday comes Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, when many people choose to give something up. Why not go vegan for Lent?
Thanks to The Everyday Veggie for this recipe and picture.