National Vegetarian Week
To celebrate National Vegetarian Week, which takes place between 23 and 29 May, we’ve put together five actions that you can take to help make a positive change in the lives of animals bred for their flesh, milk and eggs:
- Go vegan, and encourage friends and family to do the same! For great tips and help with getting started, just order your free vegetarian/vegan starter kit, which is packed full of yummy recipes and advice on cruelty-free alternatives to traditionally meat-based dishes.
- Host a vegan dinner party. Show your friends how easy it is to be a compassionate cook. For recipe ideas, check out the PETA US recipe database.
- Share videos. PETA has extensive video footage showing the horrific abuse that takes place every day on factory farms. Many people are simply unaware of the cruelty inflicted on animals raised for food. Like our good friend Sir Paul McCartney has said, “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian”. By watching and sharing videos, you can help to wake people up to the horrors of the meat and dairy industries.
- Hold your own vegan stall – just ask us for the resources you need!
- And finally, if you haven’t already, join our Action Team today, and we’ll notify you of upcoming events in your area and actions that you can take.
There’s no better time than National Vegetarian Week to take a stand against industries that continue to profit off the misery and suffering of animals.