Places That Will Deliver Delicious Vegan Pizza to Your Door
The UK is a nation of pizza lovers. In every corner of the country, down almost every high street (and now accessible even on your smartphone), you will find pizza restaurants, takeaways and home-delivery services.
Vegans love their pizza, too, and thanks to the rapidly growing vegan movement, restaurants and takeaways are waking up and realising that offering vegan options creates new opportunities, reduces animal suffering and helps save the planet.
Here’s our list of places where you can get your hands on a delicious eco-friendly (vegan) cheesy pizza feast, delivered right to your door:
Brighton and Hove
- Pizzaface: Pizzaface offers a quirky vegan menu featuring pizzas named after vegan celebrities. Highlights include The Moby with vegan chorizo and vegan smoked sausage and the Thom Yorke, topped with spinach and smoked tofu. Yum!
- Morelli Zorelli: This artisan sourdough pizza restaurant has an entire vegan menu, containing every type of mock-meat topping you could ever desire (plus some delicious vegetable offerings).
Brighton and Hove, London, Bristol, Manchester
- Purezza: Purezza launched the UK’s first-ever vegan pizzeria back in 2015 in Brighton. Since then, it’s opened another five locations – in Camden, Bristol, Brixton, Hove, and Manchester –with even more coming soon. It’s easy to see why its food is so popular – its authentic Italian stone-baked pizzas are topped with artisanal vegan mozzarella made in-house.
Bristol and Gloucestershire
- Fat Toni’s Pizzeria: With delivery available in Cam, Gloucester and Stroud, Fat Toni’s is bringing vegan pizza to the Cotswolds. Its vegan chef is helping the pizza company grow with new vegan options, and all its pizzas can be made with vegan cheese.
Edinburgh and Glasgow
- La Favorita: Scotland’s La Favorita was the first establishment in Edinburgh to offer a vegan cheese pizza. It didn’t take much persuading to convince the restaurant that dairy-free is a great option all round for vegan, lactose-intolerant and health-conscious customers.
This entirely vegan Italian restaurant knows a thing or two about an authentic pizza. The menu features all of your favourites, but we recommend the Pizza Amatriciana – classic vegan cheesy pizza topped with smoked seitan, red onions, mozzarella, and walnut parmesan. Get it delivered now via Deliveroo or Uber Eats.
- Ecco Pizzeria: Eat in or order takeaway at this well-loved Leeds institution which specialises in authentic wood-fired pizza. And, gloriously, any of its pizzas can be requested with cruelty-free vegan mozzarella.
- Grove Café: This takeaway in Headingley, Leeds, offers an extensive range of vegan cheese pizza, including tempting options such as the Soya Delight topped with roasted tofu, mushrooms and peppers, and Pepperoni Style Pizza.
- Oranaise Café: Alongside its extensive range of authentic Moroccan food, this eatery has a whole section of the menu dedicated to vegan pizza, like their Meat Me Vegan pizza with meat free chicken, cheating minced meat and vegan pepperoni.
- Village Pizza: The vegan section of the menu at Village Pizza is definitely exciting. We love the look of its vegan Hickory Chicken Pizza.
- Basilico: Basilico was the first pizzeria to deliver wood-fired pizza right to your door. Nowadays, it offers its vegetarian pizzas with the option of vegan cheese. If you’re looking for something a bit more special than your average margherita, look no further!
- Firezza: This chain with several locations around London – as well as in Exeter, Reading, and Tunbridge Wells – offers a selection of vegan pizzas, including the Vegan Pollo Piccante, with dairy-free cheese and vegan chicken. You can also customise any pizza by selecting the vegan cheese option.
- Mr Singh’s: Mr Singh’s has always had a 100 per cent vegetarian menu, and its extensive offerings include mouth-watering pizzas made with mock meats, fresh veggies and vegan cheddar cheese. Vegan options are clearly marked with a “V” symbol.
- Papa John’s: Papa John’s really delivers vegan pizza goodness! Grab signature pizzas like the Vegan Garden Party and the Vegan Sheese Hot Pepper Passion, or try PETA Vegan Food Awards winner The Vegan Works, which comes loaded with vegan sausage and jackfruit “pepperoni”. There’s also a vegan stuffed-crust option – and don’t forget sides, such as the delicious Cauliflower Wings and Vegan Cheese & Marmite Scrolls. For dessert, you can choose from Ben & Jerry‘s dairy-free ice cream and Cinnamon Scrolls.
- Domino’s: We love Domino’s Chick-Ain’t pizza, complete with tasty vegan cheese, delicious plant-based strips, crunchy onions, and finely chopped peppers. And the Vegan Nuggets coated in crispy southern-fried breadcrumbs paired with vegan Garlic & Herb dip are the perfect pizza companions. Line these plant-based goodies up and knock ’em down!
- Pizza Hut Restaurants:
Enjoy a pizza and movie night with home delivery from Pizza Hut Restaurants via Uber Eats, Deliveroo, or Just Eat. Tuck into any of your animal-friendly favourites – we love the Vegan Pepperphoni – which is now available with a first-of-its-kind vegan stuffed crust featuring Violife dairy-free cheese. Don’t forget to order a side of Southern Fried Nuggets, but make sure you leave room for dessert – the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Cheesecake is a must-try.
- Pizza Express: This popular high-street pizza place now delivers delicious vegan pizza from over 200 of its restaurants via Deliveroo. The menu is packed with vegan cheese pizzas including the award-winning Giardinera, and be sure to add its famous Vegan Dough Balls for the perfect side. And if you want to try a twist on a classic, choose its cheese-less Vegan Mezze – topped with chargrilled aubergine, sundried tomato harissa, peppers, and creamy houmous.
- Zizzi: You can now have Zizzi’s classic vegan pizzas delivered straight to your door via Uber Eats, Just Eat, or Deliveroo. Its original Vegan Rustica Margherita is hard to beat, but we also love the Rustica Jackfruit Italian Hot – a spicy choice loaded with jackfruit “pepperoni”. The chefs use MozzaRisella, a luscious cheese made from Italian rice milk.
- Ask Italian: Thanks to delivery from Just Eat, Deliveroo, or Uber Eats, pizza fans can indulge in Ask Italian’s inventive vegan options at home. Options include the Vegan Super Green Prima Pizza: a pea-puree base topped with everything from asparagus to spinach, plus a generous layer of vegan cheese. And for the perfect side, order the vegan Garlic Bread with MozzaRisella.
We’re really excited that vegan pizza is popping up in more and more towns and cities around the country. Even if you don’t live near one of the restaurants listed here, you can order from some national chains, just check that the crust and sauce are vegan-friendly and ask hold the cheese.
You can top it yourself when it arrives with vegan mozzarella, balsamic glaze, pesto or whatever other alternative you desire. Delicious pizza doesn’t have to require the daily suffering of cows and their calves in the dairy industry. You can vote against cruelty every time you order a takeaway!
With so many delicious and healthy plant-based options available, going vegan is now easier than ever. Order our free vegan starter kit to get more tips from PETA on eating vegan!
Note: Please always be sure to double-check the ingredients before purchasing anything on this list, as manufacturers are at liberty to change them at any time.
Top image by Wojtek Gasiorowski.