Banana Bread with Cinnamon Sugar
This Banana Bread with Cinnamon Sugar offers a perfectly veganised version of a satisfying classic. Enjoy a slice with your morning cuppa, or toast it and spread some peanut butter on it – however you decide to have it, we guarantee it’ll be a treat for the taste buds.
Banana Bread with Cinnamon Sugarallplants
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 + 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks, optional
- 1/2 cup walnuts, optional
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork until completely puréed. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the white sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoonful of salt and whisk until combined.
- Gently stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoonful of cinnamon, and the nutmeg.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts, if using.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and pour in the mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the mixture.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Adapted From a Recipe by allplants