BBQ Mushroom Buns
BBQ Mushroom BunsThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- 125 g shiitake mushrooms
- 150 g portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 seeded rolls, scored down the middle
- 4 leaves lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1 small handful coriander
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Set aside 6 chestnut mushrooms and thinly slice the remaining ones and all the shiitakes.
- Warm 1/2 tablespoonful of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the whole chestnut and the portobello mushrooms. Cover with greaseproof paper and put a saucepan half-filled with water on top. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until juicy.
- Thickly slice the portobellos and transfer all the cooked mushrooms to a bowl. Toss in 2 tablespoonsful of BBQ sauce.
- Warm another 1/2 tablespoonful of oil and add the sliced shiitake and chestnut mushrooms. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes then stir and continue to cook for 2 to 3 more minutes on each side, until crispy.
- Add to the bowl with the other mushrooms and toss.
- Tip onto the baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the cumin, paprika, and rosemary for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the rolls in the oven for a few minutes then fill with the lettuce and mushrooms.
- Finish with a sprinkling of onion, chilli and coriander. Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan