Breakfast Hash Bowl
Breakfast Hash Bowlhot for food
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1–2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pkg medium-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes then drain.
- Put 1 tablespoonful of oil and the potatoes in a large pan over medium heat. Mash to a chunky texture and spread evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with the paprika and seasoning and cook for approximately 7 to 8 minutes, or until the underside is golden and crispy. Flip and cook over medium-low heat for another 7 to 8 minutes, until crispy, adding another tablespoonful of oil, if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl and cover with foil.
- Re-heat the pan over medium heat, crumble in the tofu, and add the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, nutritional yeast, non-dairy milk, and additional seasoning to taste. Stir well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are nearly soft. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until wilted and soft.
- Spread the tofu scramble on the potato hash and top with the salsa. Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted From hot for food