Butternut Squash Macaroni Cheese
Butternut Squash Macaroni CheeseAn Ode to Mung Beans
- 250 g dried pasta
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked in water for an hour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 large butternut squash, roasted and cut into small pieces
- 3 cups soya milk
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- Dash oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Handful shredded vegan cheese, optional
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a food processor, blend the cashews with a little water. Add the onion and garlic powders, nutritional yeast, and squash pieces and blend again.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the soya milk, cornflour, and oil. Add to the mixture in the food processor and blend. Add the salt and pepper.
- Toss the “cheese” sauce with the hot pasta in an oven-proof dish and stir in the shredded vegan cheese, if using.
- Place under a medium grill until slightly golden.
Recipe Adapted From An Ode to Mung Beans