Chickpea TacosMay I Have That Recipe?
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 cup + 2 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 6 corn tortillas or taco shells
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the chickpeas, smoked and sweet paprika, cumin, and ½ teaspoonful salt. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often, until the chickpeas are well coated with the spices. Add 1 cup coriander, toss well, and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining salt, remaining coriander, coconut milk, garlic, and lime juice until well combined. Refrigerate.
- To assemble the tacos, fill each tortilla with the chickpeas, tomatoes, cabbage, avocados, and corn. Drizzle with the coconut milk sauce and serve.
Recipe adapted from May I Have That Recipe?