Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
Chocolate Hazelnut MuffinsWrapped in Newspaper
- 250 g buckwheat flour
- 50 g cocoa
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 ml vegan milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g dark dairy-free chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50 g hazelnuts, chopped
- 80 g icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with cases.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the vegan milk, oil, yogurt, and vanilla and gently stir until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the cases, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, stir together the icing sugar and water until smooth. Using a piping bag or spoon, drizzle over the muffins.
Recipe Adapted From Wrapped in Newspaper