Colourful PaellaSneaky Veg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red, yellow, or orange peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp saffron, optional
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, optional
- 300 g paella or risotto rice
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin (400 g) butter beans
- 100 g peas
- 1 jar black olives
- 1 small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often, until soft and golden.
- Add the peppers and fennel and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic and spices. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the butter beans, peas, and olives and continue simmering until the rice is cooked.
- Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Adapted From Sneaky Veg