Fresh Spring Rolls
Fresh Spring RollsAn Ode to Mung Beans
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3–4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 handful mushrooms, chopped
- Other veggies of your choice, optional
- Soy sauce, to taste
- 1 large handful fresh basil or coriander, coarsely chopped
- 14 rice paper wraps
- Warm water
- 14 lettuce leaves
- Sweet chilli sauce, optional
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Add the spring onions, garlic, and chilli and sauté for 1 minute. Add the yellow pepper, mushrooms, and any other veggies you fancy and cook for a few more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and give it a good dash of soy sauce as well as adding the basil or coriander. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Dip a single rice paper wrap into a wide bowl filled with warm water for about 15 seconds, until just soft. Lay flat on a chopping board, place a smaller lettuce leaf on top, add about 2 tablespoonsful of the filling, and wrap up. Arrange on a serving dish seam-side down. Repeat until each wrap has been filled.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes then serve with sweet chilli sauce or soy sauce, if desired.
Recipe Adapted From An Ode to Mung Beans