Lasagne With Cauliflower Sauce
Lasagne With Cauliflower SauceAn Ode to Mung Beans
- 1 potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g frozen soya mince
- 2 tsp dried herbs of choice (e.g. sage and oregano), plus extra for topping
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup soya milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Lasagne sheets, cooked
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the potato and cauliflower in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft, then drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoonful of the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the soya mince and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the herbs and tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Using a blender or hand mixer, blend the remaining vegetable oil, the potato, cauliflower, reserved cooking water, soya milk, nutritional yeast, onion powder, salt, and pepper on high speed until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of the mince sauce in a baking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spoon over a layer of cauliflower sauce. Repeat until both sauces have been used up.
- If desired, top with vegan cheese and dried herbs.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden.
Recipe Adapted From An Ode to Mung Beans