Leek, Butter Bean, and Roasted Cauliflower Freekeh Salad
Leek, Butter Bean, and Roasted Cauliflower Freekeh SaladSneaky Veg
- 1 medium cauliflower, leaves removed, and broken into florets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 700 ml water
- 200 g cracked freekeh
- 2 medium leeks, washed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin (400 g) butter beans
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sumac
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Drizzle the cauliflower with 1 tablespoonful of olive oil, sprinkle with the fennel seeds, and roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Bring the water to the boil, add the freekeh, lower the heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Fry the leeks in the remaining olive oil, stirring often, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, freekeh, butter beans, and parsley and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and season with sumac, salt, and pepper.
Recipe Adapted From Sneaky Veg