Lemon BarsMay I Have That Recipe?
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup tinned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornflour
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line an 8-inch-square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Cream together ½ cup coconut oil and the granulated sugar for about 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoonsful of icing sugar and 1/2 teaspoonful of vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute, until creamy.
- Add the flour, the water, and a pinch of salt, and mix until just incorporated. Using your hands, knead to form a dough.
- Press evenly into the baking tin to form a crust. Prick several times with a fork.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the coconut milk, lemon juice, maple syrup, cornflour, and a pinch of salt together in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick, about 5 to 6 minutes, continuing to whisk often.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining icing sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the lemon curd over the shortbread crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set. Cut into bars.
Recipe Adapted From May I Have That Recipe?