Mac and Peas
Mac and Peashot for food
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups uncooked spiral pasta (rotini, fusilli, etc.)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup water, reserved from boiling pasta
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Add the sea salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix together the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, white miso, nutritional yeast, tamari, and garlic to form the sauce and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions, or until al dente. Add the frozen peas during the last minute of cooking.
- Reserve 1 cup of water from the pasta, then drain and, without rinsing, return the pasta to the large pot.
- Add the sauce and 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir constantly over low heat for up to 3 minutes to combine. Add more pasta water as necessary to create a creamy consistency.
- Top with freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted From hot for food