Nice and Easy Mince Pies
Nothing says Christmas quite like mince pies. Fun, simple, and a real crowd-pleaser, this recipe is sure to get you in the festive spirit.
Nice and Easy Mince PiesIona, Celebrity Liaison
- 225 g cold vegan butter, diced
- 350 g plain flour
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 280 g vegan mincemeat
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- Icing sugar, to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, rub the vegan butter into the flour until combined. Mix in the sugar and salt, form into a ball, and knead briefly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Make 18 walnut-sized balls of pastry and press into the holes of mince pie tins to line them to the top. Spoon in the vegan mincemeat.
- Take 18 slightly smaller balls of pastry and form into lids. Place on top of the pies and gently press the edges together to seal.
- Brush the tops with non-dairy milk and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool in the tins for at least 5 minutes. Gently remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool further. Lightly dust with icing sugar to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to four days.
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food