Miso Noodle Soup with Fried Tofu
Miso Noodle Soup with Fried TofuWrapped in Newspaper
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 head white cabbage, shredded
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 2 pkgs rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Drain the tofu, using a sieve. Press between 2 plates with a heavy object on top and let sit for half an hour.
- Cut into centimetre-thick slices.
- In a frying pan over high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the tofu and sprinkle with 2 tablespoonsful of tamari. Turn occasionally, until crispy.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a pot. Add the carrot, pepper, garlic, and cabbage and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the miso paste, remaining tamari, and rice noodles.
- Cook according to the package directions.
- Ladle the noodles into bowls and top with the tofu and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Recipe Adapted From Wrapped in Newspaper