Neapolitan Yogurt Breakfast Bites
Neapolitan Yogurt Breakfast BitesThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 400 g plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tsp almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 160 g fresh strawberries, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 200 g coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Rolled oats, optional
- Cacao nibs or powder, optional
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Line a cupcake tray with cases.
- In a bowl, mix half the yogurt with the almond milk and the cacao powder.
- Pour into the cupcake cases and place in the freezer to set.
- Put the strawberries in a small saucepan with the lemon juice and cook over low heat until soft.
- Mash with a potato masher and continue to cook, stirring, until reduced to about one-third.
- Remove from the heat and combine with the remaining yogurt.
- Remove the chocolate-yogurt mixture from the freezer, top with the strawberry-yogurt mixture, and return to the freezer.
- Drain the excess liquid from the coconut cream and mix the remaining cream with the vanilla extract.
- Remove the chocolate-strawberry-yogurt bites from the freezer and spread a layer of the coconut-vanilla cream on each.
- Top with the oats, cacao nibs or powder, or fresh strawberries, if using.
- Return to the freezer and allow to set, about 4 to 6 hours.
- Store in the freezer. Defrost for about 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan