Oat and Almond Breakfast Muffins
Oat and Almond Breakfast MuffinsThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 450 g oats
- 25 g flaked almonds
- 6 medium bananas, mashed
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 80 ml water
- 60 ml coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp + ¼ tsp almond extract
- 140 g frozen cherries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 185° and line enough muffin tins for 30 muffins with cases.
- Pour the oats into a large mixing bowl, add the flaked almonds, and combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, maple syrup, water, coconut oil, and 2 tablespoonsful of almond extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine fully.
- Scoop out equal amounts into the muffin cases.
- Put the muffin tins in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Check to see if they’re done after 20 minutes by inserting a skewer or knife into the centre of the muffins – if it comes out clean, they’re done. If not, pop them back into the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the muffins on a cooling rack, and allow to cool.
- Place the cherries in a small saucepan along with the maple syrup and remaining almond extract.
- Cook over medium heat until the cherries begin to soften then mash with a fork or potato masher. Mix in the chia seeds and cook a little longer.
- Allow to cool then pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Plate the muffins and drizzle with the cherry compote. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and chia seeds (optional).
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan