Pad Thai Salad
Pad Thai SaladThe Whole Ingredient
- 60 ml water
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 15 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 10 g black sesame seeds
- 1 squeeze lime juice
- 25 g pecans, chopped
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- Extra toasted pecans and coconut, for garnish
- Make a marinade by processing the water, vinegar, soy sauce, zest and juice of 1 lime, chilli, cayenne pepper, dates, and black pepper in a food processor.
- Pour over the tofu and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine the pepper, carrot, coriander, spring onions, bean sprouts, black sesame seeds, and 1 squeeze of lime juice in a large bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan on the hob over medium heat. Toast the pecans until just turning brown. Add the desiccated coconut and continue to toast until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and fry the garlic and red onion until just beginning to soften and brown.
- Stir in the marinated tofu.
- Add the broccolini and cook until tender.
- Stir the cooked and raw ingredients together and serve with a sprinkling of toasted pecans and coconut.
Recipe Adapted From The Whole Ingredient