Quesadilla with Butternut Squash Cheese and Mango
Quesadilla with Butternut Squash Cheese and MangoAn Ode to Mung Beans
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour then drained)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash chunks
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 1 handful fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful vegan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- To make the “cheese”, blend the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Then add the squash and blend again. Spread onto 2 of the tortillas.
- Slice an avocado and arrange one-half on each of the 2 tortillas along with the pepper, mango, sweetcorn, coriander, a pinch of salt and pepper, and vegan cheese (if using). Cover with the other 2 tortillas.
- Warm the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Transfer the quesadillas into the pan one at a time and cook until golden-brown underneath. Flip carefully and do the same on the other side.
- To make the guacamole, mash the remaining avocado, chilli, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper with a fork. Spoon over the quesadillas, cut each in half, and serve.
Recipe Adapted From An Ode to Mung Beans