Shakshuka with Scrambled Tofu
Shakshuka with Scrambled TofuInterserve
- 115 ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 20 pitted green olives
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 packs firm tofu, drained
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Optional: chopped spring onions, to serve
- Heat 100 millilitres of the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, olives, and 1 teaspoonful of salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper, cook for 5 more minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Place the tofu, turmeric, and the remaining salt in a bowl and “scramble” using a whisk.
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan, add the scrambled tofu, and fry over low heat for 5 minutes.
Adapted From a Recipe by Interserve
Interserve Group Limited, the international support services, construction and equipment services group, supplies award-winning catering services via its Autograph brand. Autograph serves delicious, nutritious and creative food to more than 300 locations up and down the country, from schools and colleges to hospitals and workplaces.