Sticky Ginger and Miso Aubergine
Sticky Ginger and Miso AubergineMorel
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2-cm fingers
- 2 Tbsp garlic oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2-cm piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp brown miso paste
- 3 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 50 ml hot water
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp toasted black sesame seeds
- Toss the aubergine in 1 teaspoonful of the garlic oil. Cook in a griddle pan or frying pan over high heat until charred.
- Warm the remaining garlic oil and the sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until fragrant. Add the miso paste, mirin, soy sauce, pepper, and sugar, stir well, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the aubergine and the water. Stir and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and the aubergine is soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in most of the mint, coriander, and basil.
- Top with the remaining herbs, chilli, and sesame seeds. Serve with rice and pickled cucumber or ginger.
Recipe Adapted From Vegan Lass