Tofu Cutlet and Roasted Veg Sandwich
Tofu Cutlet and Roasted Veg SandwichAn Ode to Mung Beans
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced, lengthways
- 1 yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 1 block firm tofu, drained, pressed, and quartered
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and arrange the courgette and pepper on a baking sheet. Brush with a little olive oil and place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until soft and brown around the edges.
- Spread a layer of cornflour on a plate, coat each piece of tofu with it, and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Pour about 2 tablespoonsful of vegetable oil into a pan over medium-high heat. Fry the tofu on both sides until crispy and golden brown, about 7 or 8 minutes on each side. Cut each piece diagonally.
- Layer the fried tofu, courgette, pepper, tomato, and avocado on 2 slices of bread, season with salt and pepper, and top with the remaining slices.
Recipe Adapted From An Ode to Mung Beans