This aromatic Turmeric Cauliflower dish from London’s Genesis restaurant is comforting, nutritious, and full of flavour. It goes wonderfully with any meal as a starter but can also be enjoyed on its own as a main. This easy-to-prepare recipe will leave you feeling warm and satisfied by the tasty combo of roasted cauliflower, green tahini sauce, flaked almonds, and sultanas.
If you want a delicious recipe jam-packed with health benefits, look no further!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red chilli
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 250 g light tahini
- 250 ml water
- 40 ml lemon juice
- 30 g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 30 g dill, roughly chopped
- 30 g chives, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 1 Tbsp sultanas
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Place the cauliflower, paprika, turmeric, 1 garlic clove, chilli, bay leaves, and 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the salt in a large pot of boiling water and blanch for around 7 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy. Remove, discarding the water and flavourings, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Drizzle the cauliflower with the oil and roast on a tray for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Grate the remaining garlic cloves and whisk together with the tahini, water, lemon juice, and the remaining salt in a large bowl until combined. Place in a high-speed blender with the parsley, dill, and chives and blend until bright green.
- To serve, cut the cauliflower into quarters and place one on each plate. Drizzle generously with the tahini sauce and top with the almonds, sultanas, sumac, and pomegranate seeds.
Adapted from a recipe by Genesis.