Vanilla Cheesecake with Chocolate Almond Crust
Vanilla Cheesecake with Chocolate Almond Crusthot for food
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked at least 3 hours
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 3 hours
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or the inside of 1 vanilla bean
- Mixed berries for topping, optional
- In a food processor, blend the almonds and walnuts into a coarse meal. Add the shredded coconut, dates, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and sea salt and blend until well combined.
- Divide into quarters and, using your hands, press each into a mini tart tin with a removable bottom. (Alternatively, you can use 1 larger tart tin with a removable bottom or a springform cake tin.)
- In a high-powered blender, combine the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crusts nearly to the rim.
- Place in the freezer for 2 to 4 hours or overnight to set. Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with berries, if using.
Recipe Adapted From hot for food