Vegan Sloppy Joe Cheese Toastie Recipe
This hearty vegan sloppy joe toastie recipe is destined to be an instant favourite. Made with delectable Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar Style Slices, this cheesy treat will delight vegans and non-vegans alike.
Vegan Sloppy Joe Cheese Toastie RecipeFollow Your Heart
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 340 g vegan mince
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 4 thick slices bread
- 1 pack Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar Style Slices, grated
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil, add the onion, and cook for about 1 minute. Add the vegan mince and cook, stirring, for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer to a plate and wipe the pan clean.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Place 1 slice buttered side down in the pan, sprinkle over 1/4 of the cheese, then spoon over 1/2 the sloppy joe mixture. Top with another 1/4 of the cheese and another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook over medium heat until the bread is golden and the cheese is melty, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Adapted from a recipe by Follow Your Heart