Vegan Tandoori Kebabs with Avocado Dip
A delicious taste of travel at home, these vegan tandoori kebabs (adapted from a recipe by Goodlife) are perfect for al fresco dining this summer. Made with Goodlife veggie protein balls, they pack a plant-protein punch!
Top tip: make any leftover marinated veg into a tasty curry by adding them to a pan with a tin of tomatoes and some coconut milk. Simply cook until thick and serve with rice or naan.
Vegan Tandoori Kebabs with Avocado DipGoodlife
- 1 pack Goodlife Vegetable Protein Balls
- 1 large courgette, cut into rounds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 ears of corn, cut into thirds
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 avocado, peeled and destoned
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Few sprigs chives
- Cook the protein balls according to package
- Place the courgette and sea salt in a small bowl, mix together, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the corn and boil for 5
- Remove the courgette from the bowl and pat dry.
- In another bowl, mix together the spices and olive oil. Add the onion, pepper, cherry tomatoes, corn, and courgette and toss together to coat.
- To make the avocado dip, place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste and refrigerate until serving.
- Remove the protein balls from the oven and add to the vegetable mixture. Toss together, then place on skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat and cook the skewers for about 4 minutes on each side, until charred and blistering. Serve with the avocado dip.