Victoria Summer’s ‘V’ Burger
This easy dish from actor Victoria Summer is sure to become a weeknight favourite. Made with a gluten-free bun and the deliciously meaty Beyond Burger, it’s comfort food that everyone will love.
Victoria Summer’s ‘V’ BurgerVictoria Summer
- 300 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into thick chips
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Beyond Burger patty
- 1 slice vegan cheese
- 1 vegan, gluten-free burger bun
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 leaf iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss the sweet potato with the salt, the pepper, and 1 tablespoonful of the olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for a further 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Heat the other tablespoonful of olive oil in a pan and add the onion and green pepper. Cook over a low heat until the onion is caramelised.
- In another pan, fry the Beyond Burger patty, following the packet instructions. Top with the vegan cheese and place a lid on the pan until the cheese melts.
- Coat the inside of the bun with 1 tablespoonful of the vegan mayonnaise and sprinkle over the turmeric. Top the bottom half with the lettuce, the tomato, the Beyond Burger patty, the onion-pepper mixture, and the other half of the bun. Serve with the sweet potato chips and the remaining vegan mayonnaise as a dip.