Whisky TabletVegan Lass
- 125 g vegan butter, plus extra to grease the tin
- 1 kg golden caster sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml vegan whisky
- Grease a 9-inch-square baking tin with the vegan butter and set aside.
- Cook the sugar, the coconut milk, and the coconut cream in a large cooking pot over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon until an inserted cooking thermometer reads 120°C.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and the whisky.
- Using an electric whisk, beat in the pot until thick (about 5 minutes). Pour into the greased tin, and set aside to cool.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, score the tablet into 1-inch squares.
- Let set for 2 to 3 hours, cut, then serve or store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Recipe Adapted From Vegan Lass