Vegan Banana Bread
Vegan Banana BreadOne More Slice
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
- 125 ml dairy-free milk
- 125 ml sunflower oil (or any bland oil)
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g plain flour
- 110 g wholemeal flour
- 130 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a standard loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the lemon juice and dairy-free milk and let curdle for 5 minutes. Stir in the oil, bananas, and vanilla extract.
- Sift the dry ingredients, add to the wet, and fold gently to combine.
- Pour into the loaf tin, smooth with a spatula, and bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Recipe Adapted From One More Slice