Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana BreadThe Rose & Bean
- 1 Tbsp milled flax seeds
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas, plus 1 for topping (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp agave nectar
- 50 g smooth peanut butter, plus extra for topping (optional)
- 55 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax “egg” by mixing the milled flax seeds with 2 1/2 Tbsp water. Stir and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cacao powder, bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the vanilla extract, coconut oil, agave nectar, peanut butter, and flax “egg”.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and stir to ensure even distribution.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin. If using, thinly slice the fourth banana over the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Let cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, melt the peanut butter in the microwave in 10-second bursts on high until slightly runny. Drizzle over the cooled banana bread.
Recipe Adapted From The Rose & Bean