Boozy Braised Red Cabbage
Here’s a classic side dish with a cheeky kick! This colourful, fruity, and irresistibly moreish recipe will add a little oomph to your Christmas dinner.
Boozy Braised Red CabbageCarys, Senior Corporate Liaison
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 large apple, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp sultanas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 4 Tbsp vegan red wine
- Warm 1 tablespoonful of the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in the cabbage, apple, sultanas, salt, pepper, sugar, mixed spice, vegan red wine, and remaining oil.
- Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer on a very low heat for 90 minutes.