Cheesy Roast Parsnip Gratin
Melted vegan cheese combines perfectly with a crunchy breadcrumb topping in this indulgent dish. It’s a brilliant way to put at centre stage an ingredient which is usually just one of the trimmings: the parsnip.
Cheesy Roast Parsnip GratinCarys, Senior Corporate Liaison
- 6 parsnips, cut into batons
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- ½ block vegan Cheddar-style cheese, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful chives
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ½ tub vegan cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Boil the parsnips for 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain then set aside.
- Process the bread into crumbs or crumble by hand.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the grated vegan cheese, half the garlic, the chives, the salt, and the pepper.
- Spoon the vegan cream cheese into a baking dish and mix in the remaining garlic, the soya milk, and the parsnips.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture and bake for about 30 minutes, or until browned.